Monday

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Sparky started to drink so much water that he had to pee every few hours.

All other daily activities adapted to his walks because if we did not take him out, he would pee inside.

For a Saturday, this meant walking him at 8 am, 12 pm, 4 pm, 8 pm, 11 pm and then over the night around 2 or 3 am. I was starting to get tired from so much walking since we were making probably 5 kms every day, maybe more.

The night walks were not something that Sorana could do so the only remaining person for it was me.

Before September 1, I was going to sleep at 10.30 pm or sometimes even at 11 pm. Knowing that I have to get up over the night, the sleeping time went down to 9.30 pm so, if I have to wake up at 2.30 am, at least I am partially rested.

Last night's walk was particularly interesting.

We went outside at 2.30 am and I let Sparky off-leash in the nearby park. It was not cold at all, fresh air, no rain, clear sky and a very beautiful moon. He sniffed everything in the park and marked the territory and then we took a short walk around the neighborhood.


Just I and he, no one else was awake at that time.

We could go as fast or as slow as we wanted and in any direction. No cars to avoid, no other people, no other dogs.

From the amount of his energy and of tail wagging, I am sure that he enjoyed the walk as much as I did.

We were back in the apartment at 3 am and went straight to sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment

February 2, 2018

This is the log of the last 5 months of our black labrador retriever, Sparky.  He was diagnosed with lymphoma on September 1, 2017 and died ...