Friday

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

I was so upset on this day.

My wife found a letter under the door from a well-intentioned neighbour sending condoleances for our loss.

For a minute or two, I could not understand what it means. Condoleances? For what? Sparky is still alive. Why would anyone send condoleances if the dog is alive? 

It did not make any sense and made me so angry. Some of the anger came from my inability of making sense of the card but it was also about the card reminding us that Sparky's time is limited and that eventually he will die. 

Everything was explained in a few days.

Our neighbour saw us with Sparky and had a moment of high anxiety. She thought that he was a new dog which resembles Sparky so much, how can this be and how did we find him?

She and my wife met a few days before and Sorana mentioned in tears about Sparky going to die. Our neighbour understood that Sparky actually died. This explained her reaction seeing Sparky alive and also the card.

I am smiling now about all these.



Sparky being sooooo happy (Tofino, BC)

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 2, 2018

This is the log of the last 5 months of our black labrador retriever, Sparky.  He was diagnosed with lymphoma on September 1, 2017 and died ...