Friday

Monday, September 18, 2017

I had a serious scare last night.

Every night, I woke up around 2.30 am, gave Sparky lots of water to drink and then took him to the dog park to pee.

That is what we did last night as well.

After the dog park, we walked through the neighbourhood for about 15 minutes and started going in the direction of our building.

We were just passing the bushes where, a few years back, Sparky jumped in to show the skunk who lived there who is the street owner. Sparky believed, of course, that he was. So, long story short, the skunk won and Sparky came out of the bush completely humiliated.

Tail between his legs, head down, with a sad expression on his face and stinking horribly.

I took him upstairs to the dismay of my wife.

We heard that tomato sauce helps with the skunk stink so I bought the whole shelf of it from the store.

Then, we put Sparky in the bathtub, one of his least favorite places, and used all the tomato sauce. It helped partially only so we had to get used to the stink which persisted a few more weeks.

So last night, we were walking by the same bushes and I was smiling at those memories when I saw something funny walking 10 meters in front of us.

It cannot be, I thought, it cannot be, it cannot be.

A skunk was walking slowly on the side walk, with his tail up.

Am I happy that I saw him!!! This was the last thing that I wanted, to go through the tomato sauce bath at 3 am in the morning!!

Imagine our night, just me, Sparky and the skunk awake at 3 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 2, 2018

This is the log of the last 5 months of our black labrador retriever, Sparky.  He was diagnosed with lymphoma on September 1, 2017 and died ...